Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Daily Message 06/17

After a bad start of the day w/ Portugal & Under we were able to finish strong the day and hit our Top Play w/ Under in the game between Iran vs. Nigeria.

Everything went wrong for the Portuguese team… Granted, I don’t think that they would defeat the Germans regardless the veracity of that first penalty, because the Germans really impressed me w/ that “mini” tiki-taka style of play without a pure striker on the front, but Portugal couldn’t make things any worst. On my group preview, I’ve mentioned that Portugal is a cohesive team w/ a few number of World Class players mixed up w/ some average (at best) ones. Well, of those World Class players…. Pepe was sent off and could miss the next two games (sometimes (unfortunately, he really loses his temper quite often), Fabio Coentrao got injured, Ronaldo isn’t @ 100% and even Joao Moutinho looked horrible while failing to connect an absurd number of passes… I see some dark clouds for my national team and a great window for the USA team.

Going on for today…

Belgium vs. Algeria small preview:

I’m passing the first game between Belgium and Algeria. There is some high expectations for this Belgium side (if I recall, they were #5 ranked favorite team to win the tournament) and so, they could feel some kind of pressure in this first game, especially because their players collectively don’t have any experience at this level.

Algeria was well noticed in the World Cup 2010 (they played vs. USA & England) because of their “extreme” defensive approach to the game. They lost 0-1 vs. Slovenia, draw 0-0 vs. England and lost in the last minute vs. USA 0-1 = 3 games, 0 goals scored and only 2 goals allowed! The good news is that they are more offensive this time around as their offensive unit is vastly underrated and could make some damage.

Belgium is the clear favorite in here and deservedly so, I have a small lean w/ OVER but I need first to see Algeria’s approach for this WC so I’ve decided to pass in the first game of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment