Thursday, May 29, 2014

Daily Message 05/29

It looks like in the last weeks we are under the spell of Murphy’s Law, as anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

My Soccer play w/ Real Madrid in UEFA’s Champions League Final in terms of my projected game plan, was dead on in my opinion: Atletico’s played pretty well in the first half w/ their usual tremendous positioning but as soon the second half started, they were completely “dead” w/ Real Madrid having a huge physical edge. Atletico’s goal came from an incredible error of Real’s GK Iker Casillas, while Gareth Bale alone missed three clear goal chances. Obviously, the game went to OT and then, Real Madrid simply destroyed Atletico by scoring three goals but still… our play was lost!

I’ve just watched yesterday’s NBA game between MIA & IND and some weird stuff happened: Lebron James w/ foul trouble with just 24 minutes of action; the occasional Paul George’s random offensive explosive game w/ 37 points scored, he had one +30 pts game vs. WAS and another one vs. WAS, so I guess this type of game was due to happen in this series. We’ve lost w/ Over by half a point w/ IND missing 3 FT’s in the last 15 seconds of the game…

In the MLB, 4 of the 7 losses to start the season were in the 9th inning… we’ve lost w/ CLE & DET last night in this way…

For tonight, we have NBA’s G5 between the Spurs and the Thunder…

I have a small lean w/ SAS but at this current price, I think that there is no edge enough to play them. Actually, OKC+5 looks tempting because we are yet to see a tight game and tonight’s affair could be the first close game of the series.

After watching G3 of the series and Ibaka’s presence being felt on the floor in both ends, I thought that SAS would adjust properly: keep attacking the rim and be aggressive offensively. I was wrong! After scoring 66 and 54 pts in the paint, SAS scored only 40 & 36 pts in the paint L2 games and their offensive flow just isn’t the same!

It looks like Popovich will make some lineups changes for tonight but I think that’s a bad idea. I remember that back in 2012 playoffs’ series, after losing the two games @OKC, coach Pop inserted Manu Ginobili in the starting lineup for G5 and the outcome is well known = they’ve lost the game!

I expect SAS to be super aggressive … the fact that they have scored just 3 fast break points in L2 games is a nice blueprint for their expected mindset for tonight: use their superior depth and play w/ nice tempo! Note that Westbrook played 45 minutes in the last game & Durant 41!

My far line for this contest is SAS-6, so I’m passing in here. I also have a small lean w/ OVER because of what I’ve said about SAS’s mindset of pushing the tempo of the game (that’s why I also played w/ Over in G4) but I’m passing totals as well.

After watching and working w/ NBA today, I’ve decided to pass MLB as well as I’m preparing some preview articles for the upcoming FIFA World Cup that I’ll start publishing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment